Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Got Me Begging for MERCY

It's the middle of February already! Vertical Slice will be upon is in a little more than two weeks.
It's relieving knowing that the work for the art style guide is going to be set in stone very soon and we won't have to worry about major foreseeable art style changes. Because of the work that's been going into Capstone, there hasn't been too much time to focus on anything else. My non-Capstone centered classes (which amounts to Game Lab and Animation) ended up taking a second priority. It was stressed to the artists that past students were made to choose between their specialization classes and Capstone. Something had to give because we (unfortunately) don't have the power to stop time so we could give both the attention it deserves. 

So far, I've managed to force some kind of balance between the two. Most weeks, I can still put my best effort into my Animation assignments and maybe manage an extra one or two. This week, I underestimated the amount of time I had on my hands to devote to my Animation homework. As a result, my second pass at this is not refined nearly as early as I initially planned. Ironically, this was after the guest speaker on Friday told us about managing time, scheduling, and anticipating how long you'd take on tasks. Hurrhurr. Definitely not gonna allow this to happen again. 

Any which way! Here's the animation. For having simple as hell movements, it ended up becoming pretty long. o:


You can read that awesome Ley Lines development blog of ours to see all the details about how that game is coming so far. We've experienced some hiccups in team dynamics and whatnot, but we've rallied so we could become far more focused this week. Managing to finish these tasks early to have enough time for iteration (and not ignoring specialization classes) is definitely a feat. Definitely. NONETHELESS. Here's some things I'm currently working on!






Goooooooood shit. ðŸ‘€ ðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘ŒðŸ‘Œ


No comments:

Post a Comment