Monday, March 21, 2016

Looking Back

Hey there! We have reached the end of Spring Break and GDC week, so it's about time that I update this blog with something. The good news? Ley Lines made it past Vertical Slice two weeks ago! Yippee! I've used some of my break to prepare for the hecticness of Capstone that is to come. That preparation was mostly me familiarizing myself with Motion Builder and how to properly edit MoCap data and loop it. That's a post for another time, though.

AHEM.  Given that our last semester at FIEA is an internship or Venture Track ... it's safe to say that everyone in the Cohort is halfway finished with their time here.  In thinking about that, I looked back to my portfolio that (somehow) got me into FIEA.

Applying to come to this school was a last minute decision on my part. My school had this career fair for seniors in February and FIEA had a booth there (nifty!). I was particularly interested because I've been playing with the idea of attending FIEA since 2012 (time sure flies!). Sooo, sometime in March, I was just sort of "WELL THAT WOULD BE COOL" towards the idea of graduate school. After finishing my undergraduate senior project and a FIEA tour later, then I went through the hell of speed applying. Then the rest is history. SO. AFTER THAT LITTLE BIT OF STORY TIEM, I figured that I would place my admissions portfolio here so I can look back to later and cringe at even more than I am right now. 


In my last semester, I took a screenwriting class and the thing I wrote was called "Progeny". Whiiiich was just an intergalactic story about imperialism and keeping your heritage alive. These were some character and environment designs for that! My protagonist was a Sioux girl nicknamed Mana.

If you wondered if I get any lamer than I already am: the answer is yes. Proudly yes.

 



And these were some of my assignments from the 3D Modeling & Animation classes I took with Stephen Ellis. I used to think that these were so AWESOOOOOOME but now the animation makes me cringe so hard when I look back to it.
(҂⌣̀_⌣́)


With the emphasis on "ANATOMY" in FIEA's admission videos, I felt like I had to include some of that, especially after taking enough drawing classes where we did nothing but that. With how nitpicky I was about my existing work, these two were made specifically for my portfolio.



For my senior project at Stetson University, I made an 8-minute animated storybook with an accompanying art/story book. It somehow won Third Place in Video & Audience Choice at my school's Digital Media Festival. ( ≧Д≦)

You can see the art book here: [ LINK ]

Looking back at your old stuff can be pretty painful. Though, it's also pretty cool when you know how much you've improved since then. :] 


No comments:

Post a Comment