Friday, September 11, 2015

Maps that Lead to YOU

This week at 2D/3D? Map baking. For one reason or another, my maps continuously refused to bake properly. I ended up getting proper renderings of my Normal Maps and Ambient Occlusion Maps.



The third week of classes continued practice with Maya but introduced Mudbox to us! I was well aware of the program for some time but never quite had the opportunity to tinker with it.  It's definitely a lot of fun.

i shall call him timothy.

After restarting entirely because my first Ambient Occulsion map made everything transparent, then completely giving up on the gradient map (which only rendered small chunks of the entire UVs no matter what settings I would put in), it was time to finally import my cannon to Mudbox and begin painting. While I couldn't exactly do much about the gradient, I attempted to make up for it in other areas. 



It's amazing that this turned out decently! It's not too shabby, if I do say so myself. There's a LOT of room for improvement, though.

EDIT: 9/14/2015

For the Common Core art class, we had to do some more modeling! I finally finished my little guy. 

I have named him Carl.




No comments:

Post a Comment