Sunday, September 20, 2015

Steady As an Exploding Cannon


After weeks of working on this project, I think this cannon business has finally come to an end! This week consisted of me fine tuning textures (and finally being able to successfully bake a gradient map!) and shoving everything into the Unreal engine to spiffy-fy it.

ambient occlusion map.

the normal map with the zbrush textures.


the final color map painted in mudbox!

aaaaand the gradient map.


My getting each of the maps to bake properly was definitely a ... trying process. All of the trial and error has definitely helped me understand the baking process far better than I did before. It's definitely something I'll have to work on during the coming months.

looking good, yo.

some mental ray renders of the cannon! 


Adding the cannon into Unreal was definitely one of the more fun aspects of this entire process. Through this, I was able to learn about parameters and adding in more detail to these cannons. While my normal maps are slightly off in alignment (but vastly improved from before, after I started the whole mapping process over), I think that this turned out to be pretty good for my first go at it. A little while from now, my props will be looking a lot better!

Aaaand that's all on this project! Off to work on other stuffs. ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment