Monday, October 5, 2015

GOTTA GO FAST


an actual image of me.

The last few days consisted of me powering through my assignments at an EXTREME SPEED - after a weekend of doing nothing school-related. I completed each of my assets for the second RPP round strangely early (even for me) so it allowed me waaaaay more time to work on my homework and improve!

I finally finished up my Common Core homework. Our assignment was to do textures for either a character or an environment. I did both. Because I'm that kind of obnoxious overachiever. 

First, here's Carl! When I did the fish model painting a little while back, I saw that I was way too subtle on the details. Before I went to paint Carl up, I went back and added more details to his sculpt (which was pretty plain, now that I look back on it). After that, I went happy with painting! Thanks to the carve mask tool, a lot of the detail work was done thanks to the geometry. There's a lot of bold and subtle details in there this time around, so I'm very happy with the end result.



he's seen even more shit.

i skinned the starfish but i did not skin the octopus.

After that came the environment texture! This one had to be a repeatable tile. Since it was my first go at this, I went for a stone wall texture to work on.

heeeere's the render.

the shadow map.

the depth map.

the normal map.

aaaand the painted-up tile!

The only problem I ran into was fixing the seam Zbrush so kindly gave me (argh!). Also with trying to get everything to wrap properly (as I sculpted) so I wouldn't end up with strangely shaped rocks for the wall. I don't run into as many problems as I once did -- so that must mean that I'm improving! YAY. I can't wait to do more of this in the future!

As for animation: I finished up my assignments for that too.

Because running is apparently the assignment for next week (lol), I had to do a pose-to-pose jump too. I got to do this one with Jonathan giving me instruction as I went along, so it was pretty hard for me NOT to screw up.



complete with HAT BOUNCING.

After that was finished, I went back and corrected the errors to my "running into the jump" animation. Anticipation & body shape variations really do add a lot to a sequence. Just after fixing a handful of details, this animation looked LOADS better.



RUN, BRO, RUN.

I'm pretty excited with everything I've accomplished in the past few days! ♥ Now, onward to UV-ing James (the fish guy).





No comments:

Post a Comment