Friday, October 2, 2015

Merry Month of Spoopy

Happy first day of Halloween Month!


This week has been pretty busy! The second RPP round is slowly coming to an end and my group's end result is a pretty darn promising prototype. There'll be more on that after we show off the final product on Tuesday.

So far, I've been working on my homework for my other classes. For the last two days, I've been working on this guy here!

I've named him James.

Our assignment this week was to model the first half of a complex character. As you can see here ... I kind of went overboard and did next week's assignment (the legs, boots, and his awesome accessories) too. This gives me a lot more time to fix him up and get to UV mapping him before the third round of RPP begins. WOO!

In Animation, our assignment was to do a jump animation. After taking all of the feedback I gathered from the walk cycle animation, I wanted to do something more ambitious. That thing is: running into a jump. Here's the current work in progress on that!


Some things I have to fix on this include: speeding up the run cycle (clearly), and adding in some anticipation before the little dude flies into his jump. So far, it looks pretty good!

Drawing Fundamentals had us working on VALUE today. I like to think I have a decent grasp on value by now -- I tend to do it best using charcoal because I could get some more dramatic lighting. This was a pretty good opportunity to work on it a lot more. This is the current state of my homework assignment right now:


It's not too shabby. It's definitely still bordering on cartoonish shading, so I might go back in and try to add some more detail and lighting variants. Since I'm finishing stuff in a vaguely timely manner, I'm hoping to take the opportunity to continue practicing and challenging myself in each of these assignments.



No comments:

Post a Comment