Sunday, November 29, 2015

By the Power of Ra



The Thanksgiving holiday weekend is now coming to a close and I hope every member of my Cohort had at least one day of rest. I spent the majority of my Thanksgiving playing Yokai Watch and it was awesome to finally have that time to myself. Once it hit Saturday, though, work for the last round of RPP continued.

The majority of my Saturday was spent working on the 2D images for The Scales of Truth's opening cinematic. I'll probably go back and fix these a little later to adjust the opacity levels of dirt and hieroglyphics. Then there's going to be some minor animations when I go in an edit this into a video. Audio recording needs to come first before I get ahead of myself, though!

Production secret: the hieroglyphics are the lyrics to Single Ladies, Anaconda, and Elastic Heart.







After that was said and done, I turned my attention to the remaining environment models to texture. We're working on building something of a little Creation Kit so many different level varieties can be crafted from a few pieces. If anything, this definitely saves time for an artist as well. Come time for Capstone, an artist can spend their time making four really great and detailed environment pieces that can be repeated (for a building, for instance) rather than making a room in one entire piece. Textures would come out with a higher resolution too. Though, since this is an RPP prototype, I couldn't devote TOO much of my time to minor details (at the moment, I may go back to the textures and spruce them up a bit once I see them in engine). Our focus for this RPP round is to work out the main mechanic and adjust it as necessary. The visuals are just a plus for the demo.

Recently, I re-purposed a human head model I did before the FIEA semester even began. We have been entertaining the idea of a story line around a spirit: so I made her human form! This was paaartly done just so I can test out some skin binding methods with the Human IK. Her skin weights ended up smoother than Anubis' (orz) after I used the warm map and altered its influence a little.  

She currently has an idle animation & a talk cycle animation (which was so much fun to do!).


Very soon I'll be fixing up the previous animations I did for Anubis so he's not moving around on his own and just performing the action like a mime. Yep.

As for non-RPP related homework? I've been working on fixing my Weight Carrying animation - which has not seen significant improvement just yet. The second part of our homework has been started! It's posing. We have to take some photo references and pose our little mannequin dude to them - though, we have to push the pose. This is what I have going for me so far:





Fabulous.

As for Drawing Fundamentals? I previously posted about our environment assignment. An update to that: I picked one of my concepts (the second one, go figure) and did a sliiiightly more detailed version of it. This'll be the general feel for the dungeon we'll be making during RPP.




Thaaaat's what I've been up to for the last few days. It's now time to brace myself for all the work ahead of me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment