Monday, November 30, 2015

Be as Strong as Coursing River

Another post so soon?? THIS IS MADNESS.

Today, the majority of my work time was devoted to my Animation homework. It was strange to finally have a chunk of time to spend solely on that but it was a load of fun!

I ended up entirely revamping my "weight carrying" animation. There was far too much that I disliked and realized that I was focusing less on the actual weight of the object aaaand that was the reason or the entire assignment. It's pretty obvious that communicating weight is one of my main obstacles as an animator and something I should devote more time to improving. That being said, here's the state of my current animation:


Though there's still more work to be done on this animation so it doesn't look so stiff, I think it conveys the message of weight far better than the first attempt! Sometimes it's just easier to start an assignment all over instead of trying to salvage something you're not too crazy about yourself.

As for the posing portion of our assignment ... here's some nearly final things! I'll be working on some tweaks here and there to really push the poses I've chosen. They're getting better!









No comments:

Post a Comment