Sunday, December 6, 2015

Playing With the Big Boys Now

Time is really flying by. This three weeks have came and gone by in an instant! The last round of RPP is coming up on its last legs and final Capstone pitch presentations are soon to be underway. It's relieving to know that Friday will mark the day when things finally start to wind down as we prepare to enter the winter holidays.

What I enjoy most about this RPP is not that its The Scales of Truth that I'm working on, it's that I have more of an opportunity to learn this time around. I got to finagle much more with the Unity engine and mess with materials, lighting, colliders, particles, and workflow. There were a lot of silly mistakes made on my part, though, on the path to learn more about these things. Things weren't exactly perfect, but I definitely feel like I can be more of a help on future Unity projects. My group-mates definitely won't be getting harassed by me for small things like lighting. Orz.

This weekend, I worked on decorating and lighting dungeon. That just meant replacing the proxy walls, shoving in some materials, and decorating everything without interfering with the level design. It was pretty fun! ♥ I wish that we had a few more days so I could make this much more visually appealing, though. It's fantastic so far given that this was all done in three weeks! I'm really thankful for my team for this one. 

Here's some progress shots of the level so far.



  



The lighting might be edited a little more to brighten things up for the player. Other than that: things are looking great! Now it's time for some fine-tuning.

No comments:

Post a Comment