Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Impending New Year Fills You With DETERMINATION

Winter break has been going on for a little over two weeks now. It's been insanely relaxing to finally be able to wind down and not concentrate on the constant streams of work. What I've been doing for these two weeks has been mostly drawing + digitally coloring, though I intend to start back up on some animation work and fix my reel before the Spring term gets here.

Last week, I finally got the game Undertale after all of the buzz surrounding it (from both the interwebs and friends, teehee). Sooo, about 50% of my drawings right now are inspired by it in some way. The other 50% were a part of my gift to my shitposting partner in crime. All she really requested is that I draw some of our many characters. AUs were involved. Because we're lame and I really need to practice on character sheets.


From left to right: Nekane, Mateo, Antonio, Poiyaunpe, and Alex. Dat sausage fest. You can tell what series' they're somewhat based on, CAN'T YOU? Since this is just a  first-pass, I'll eventually go back and redraw these to make adequate character sheets.


Drawing  children is fun.
They're the bitty forms of Antonio and Mateo.


Designs for another character, BachuĂ©, both older  & younger (I wasn't successful in trying a new digital painting method, oops), and a chibi Antonio.

This is an in-progress human design for Alphys from Undertale. I just wanna pinch her cheeks. Meeeep!

 

I worked on these very recently! 
There was a need to draw a Mettaton vs Frisk pose-off, and I just absolutely fell in love with Muffet's design. Gothic lolita has always been one of my favorite fashion trends and it got even better once you mixed that in with a sassy, money-grubbing spider.

On to a more productive front? I did some random sketches for Leylines. It's mostly just character sketches, at the moment, but I'm feeling inspired to give some environments & potential scenes a try too during this break. Thus far, a lot of my inspiration has been taken from Native Americans, Sami people, Mongolians, and the Ainu people. There's going to be a lot more to come of this as the days go by!

 

May the impending new year bring good fortune and happy times for every member in my Cohort. ♥ The next year is definitely going to be challenging for us, but we'll definitely be able to make it through and create spectacular things. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment