Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy New Year!

WHAT UUUUUP!

2016 is finally here! With that comes the beginning of the Spring semester. Thiiis time around, I'm going to be devoting much more of my time entirely into Animation, learning motion capture, and the Capstone process! These are skills I'm definitely going to need to refine much better before we get deep into working on our video games (and everything becomes more hectic).

On that subject, we have continued working on our quadruped animations! We have been refining our walks and starting up on quadruped runs. Already, I've gotten a little overzealous and finished up my second pass of the run before the first one was even due. The good news? This leaves me a lot more opportunity to refine all of my other animations and begin some passes/practice for Leyline's main character.



For the quadruped run, I chose to do a rotary gait. When attempting to work on a transverse gait, the steps (as I was posing them) looked extremely bizarre and random. So that gait would probably have to be something I work up to for extra practice. In any case, the rotary gait isn't looking half bad right now!


This would be the fixed up walking animation! It's not quite finished, though.


For some more practice, I did a rest animation. My pup Nanna serves as the best sort of inspiration! 


 

The first eight weeks of Common Core art is going to focus primarily on crafting our Capstone project's artist style guide. The first step of that is picking three artist influences and making some mood concept drawings based off of their styles. For Leylines, our first two (confirmed) artistic influences are Jean Giraud (our main inspiration) and Hayao Miyazaki. Our third influence is more up in the air. Because I had issues animating today, I chose to do a drawing based off of Lara Croft Go's artistic style. For each individual drawing, I attempted to use every conception style Ryo showed us during our Digital Painting workshop. It turned out pretty neat! Though, these'll be techniques I'm definitely going to work more on developing.



A great thing is that open Motion Capture workshops have begun! Hopefully soon I'll be able to do it all without aid ... I'm gonna need to review Vicon Blade a lot better. orz. In any case, I made a current in-progress chart that details the motion capture markers. Some things are likely off, so I'm gonna need to go back and this graphic after a few more workshops. teehee.

In Technical Art, we have been working on some animation tips and tricks. I had a lot of fun learning how to use the auto-rigger (that's definitely going to come in handy later), which would give us a proxy rigged character in our game character's proportions. It's pretty nifty! Up until those classes, I was concerned with how animators would be able to work before anything we even close to being made. It'll definitely come in handy. Soon, we're moving on to classes about more refined rigging! I can't wait,. :3 

It's feeling good to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment